Lifestyle WordPress Theme Review
Lifestyle is an elegant multipurpose magazine WordPress theme from MyThemeShop. You can use it to create a modern, stylish online magazine site in any niche. The theme comes with various demo designs that you can install in just one click and save you time when setting up your site. The social media buttons look amazing and users will have no problem connecting with you on different social platforms and sharing your content.
As you may expect from MyThemeShop themes, Lifestyle has tons of useful features which you can easily customize to suit your needs. The powerful theme options panel has all you need to control how your site looks and works. Choose from 3 header and post layouts, unlimited colors and background options, Google fonts and much more.
The Lifestyle theme also includes a shop section powered by WooCommerce, allowing you to start selling your products online with ease. The template’s other notable features include related posts, lazy loading of images, advertisement slots and over 10 custom widgets.
Read on to learn more about this beautiful WordPress theme.
Lifestyle Theme Features Highlight
Here is a summary of the features and functionalities that come with the Lifestyle WordPress theme.
- Multiple pre-designed home layouts – Default demo, Beauty, Food, Travel and Shop.
- Powerful theme options panel with unlimited customization options
- Stylish design with attractive content layouts
- 3 header layouts with different positions for the logo, menu and social icons
- 3 post layouts with related posts feature to increase page views
- Attractive social media icons
- WooCommerce integrated
- Multiple layouts for more customization options
- Various custom widgets including About Me and Instagram feed widget
- Fast-loading and SEO optimized
- Highly optimized for Ads placement
- Parallax scrolling on different sections
- Translation ready
- All Google fonts included
- Unlimited color and background options
- Shortcodes to easily enhance your pages and posts with more features
- Author box included in the post layout to add personality to your site
Lifestyle Theme Installation and Customization Options
You can install the Lifestyle theme in just a few clicks by following the steps below:
- Download the theme files from your account on MyThemeShop.com
- In your WordPress dashboard, navigate to Appearance >> Themes >> Add New
- Install the theme by uploading the Theme Zip file
- Activate the theme
After installing and activating the theme, you can now configure the different customization options using the theme options panel.
But before you start customizing your site, you need to install several plugins essential for the theme’s proper functioning.
Install Required Plugins
The Lifestyle theme requires the following plugins to work properly:
- MyThemeShop Theme/Plugin Updater – This plugin updates your MyThemeShop themes and plugins to the latest version in one click.
- WP Review – Allows you to publish product reviews easily
- WP Shortcode – Makes it easy to add new features to your pages and posts
- WP Tab Widget – Allows you to create tabs on your site
To install the required plugins, click on the “Install Plugins” menu item in your WordPress dashboard. You’ll be taken to the required plugins page where you can finish installing the plugins.
Beside the essential plugins, you’ll see a tab with recommended third-party plugins for the Lifestyle theme by MyThemeShop.
You Might Also Like:
- Dividend Multipurpose Magazine WordPress Theme
- Public Opinion Magazine WordPress theme by CSSIgniter
- Bridge Multipurpose WordPress Theme
Importing Demo Content
You can import any of the pre-designed demos using MyThemeShop’s one-click feature that’s quick and efficient. Importing the predefined demos will save you time as you can just replace the demo content with your own content and get started straightaway.
To use this feature, navigate to Appearance >> Theme Options, and click on “Import/Export”. You’ll see the different layouts with different options for importing.
The Lifestyle theme comes with 5 ready-made layouts which you can preview before installing. Three options are available for importing the demos:
- Import Theme Options – only imports the theme options and nothing else. You can then use the theme options to customize your site.
- Import Theme Options & Widgets – adds the theme options together with the widgets used in the demo at MyThemeShop.com
- Import Theme Options, Widgets & Content – does all the above but also adds the demo content you find on MyThemeShop.com. You’ll want to use this option if you have a new site with no content on it already and you want to quickly add in demo content so you can then customize your site.
Besides, you can remove the demo content (either automatically or manually) if you want to.
Lifestyle Theme Customization Options
The Lifestyle theme offers tons of customization options that allow you to craft a unique design that matches your style.
To access the settings, simply navigate to Appearance >> Theme Options from your WordPress dashboard. Below is an overview of the setting options available in the theme control panel:
- General Settings – This section includes common setting options which apply to the whole theme. You can upload your logo and favicon, enter your FeedBurner URL, place code in the header and footer sections, set pagination type, enable/disable Ajax quick search, and more.
- Performance – This section has performance-related options which can help make your site faster.
- Styling Options – Control the visual appearance of your theme. Adjust colors, layouts, backgrounds, custom CSS, patterns, and more.
- Header Options – Lets you control elements of the header section.
- Footer Options – From here you can control how your site’s footer appears.
- Homepage – Lets you control settings related to your homepage. You can enable/disable featured slider and featured carousel, homepage deals, select categories to appear on the homepage, set call to actions, and more.
- Single Posts – Allows you to control the appearance and functionality of your single posts.
- Social Buttons – From here you can enable or disable social sharing buttons on single posts.
- Ad Management – Control everything related to the advertisements on your site.
- Sidebars – Gives you full control of your sidebars. Manage sidebars and select one for each section of your site, or select a custom sidebar on a per-post basis in the post editor.
- Theme Typography – Control the fonts used with different elements on your site. Includes 17 standard font sets, and you can also add from the Google Fonts Library, which has over 600 fonts.
Extensive Documentation and Reliable Customer Support
The Lifestyle theme comes with detailed documentation that will guide you in installing and setting up the theme.
Besides, your purchase grants you access to premium customer support from the theme creators. MyThemeShop have friendly support forums where you’ll always get answers to your questions.
Lifestyle Theme Pricing and Download
- The Lifestyle WordPress theme – $59 (Perfect for individuals. 1 Year Support and Updates)
- Extended membership. Access to All Products – $87 first and then $19/month from the second month for continued support and updates (Perfect for developers and agencies)