Looking for a simple, fast, efficient & user-friendly tool to create an under construction page, maintenance mode page, or coming soon page while working on your WordPress website?
If yes, read this UnderConstructionPage plugin review to learn how this tool can help you achieve that in just a few minutes.
UnderConstructionPage is a simple, fast and beginner-friendly plugin that let's you hide your site behind an under construction page for while. The plugin packs lots of useful features, is used by over 100k users and has over 1k 5-star ratings on the WordPress plugin repository.
Keep reading to learn more about this plugin's features, how to use it and what it has to offer.
UnderConstructionPage Features & Options
- Under Construction Mode – OFF/ON
- Automatic Start Date & Time
- Google Analytics Tracking
- Multiple pre-made page templates
- Add custom CSS
- SEO optimized – You can add page title and description
- Users the WordPress content editor
- Social media icons
- Whitelisted users and user roles
- In-built support system
How to Install UnderConstructionPage
You can install the UnderConstructionPage plugin quickly by following the usual routine, or by uploading the plugin manually.
To quickly install the plugin:
- From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to Plugins and click Add New
- In the search field, type “Under Construction” and hit enter
- The plugin will show up as the first result, click Install
- Activate the plugin
Alternatively, you can manually download the plugin from the official WordPress repository, unzip it and then upload to /wp-content/plugins/.
Once you've installed and activated the plugin, you can then proceed to configure the plugin settings and set up your under construction, coming soon or under maintenance page.
UnderConstructionPage Plugin Settings & Options
You can access the plugin's settings and options under the “Settings” menu item on your WordPress admin dashboard. Simply navigate to Settings -> UnderConstruction.
Here you'll be able to configure the various plugin options and quickly create your under construction page.
The settings page is organised into several tabs which contain the various plugin options and settings.
Under the Main tab, you can enable or disable the plugin, set automatic end date & time, and enter your unique Google Analytics tracking ID found in your GA tracking profile settings to track visits to pages. If you're a pro user, you can also choose to prevent search engines from indexing the temporary site.
From the Design tab, you can choose a theme or layout for your under construction page. You'll find numerous page templates that cover different topics. You can also add your own custom CSS if you'd like to adjust any part of the page.
In the Content tab, you can add a title, description, headline and other additional content to your page. The content editor allows you to add different elements, including images, videos and HTML elements. Still under the same content tab, you can add your social media links and contact information, which will be displayed on the bottom of your under construction page.
The Access tab has options to whitelist users and user roles, who will not be affected by the under construction mode and will always see the “normal” site. Pro users can also whitelist IP addresses and generate secret direct access links, which can be useful when working with clients.
Under the Support tab, you'll find the plugin's FAQs and you can also reach the plugin's support using the in-built customer support system.
UnderConstructionPage Pro – Premium Features
The UnderConstructionPage plugin has a pro version which offers over 100 extra features and options, including:
- A drag-and-drop page builder – simple and user-friendly with only the options you need to build beautiful pages fast.
- Over 400, 000 high resolution searchable images – so you can find the right image for your page
- 100+ templates to get you started faster. Just pick a template, add your text and you're good to go.
- Affiliate & traffic tracking – Know what your best sources are
- Advanced access control
- MailChimp, Zapier & universal autoresponder support
- Prevent Search Engines from Indexing the Temporary Site
- Import and Export settings
- Countdown timer
- 3rd Party Shortcode Support in Content
A pro license costs $70 while an agency license costs $250.
What Others Say About UnderConstructionPage
Users love the UnderConstructionPage plugin and there're lots of positive reviews to show. The plugin has over 1000 five star reviews on the official WordPress plugin repository.
Overall, the UnderConstructionPage plugin offers a super easy way to display an under construction page, maintenance mode or coming soon page on your WordPress site.
The plugin is lightweight and it packs a bunch of nifty features behind the scenes. Besides, the included templates look great, and you can also upgrade to the premium version for more interesting features and options.
You Might Also Like
- WP Real Estate Pro Review – Premium WordPress Real Estate Plugin by MyThemeShop
- Template Monster Review: Well-Designed WordPress Themes for Every Purpose
- 15+ Best Cryptocurrency & Bitcoin WordPress Themes
Have you used the UnderConstructionPage plugin? What’s your opinion of this WordPress plugin? We would love to hear all about it in the comments below!
Also, remember to share and subscribe to get notified of great WordPress products via eMail.